Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Sven and Olly


Sven and Olly got fired so they went to the unemployment office. Sven walked up to the counter and politely said, "I Sven. I no job."
"Okay. What did you do?" asked the clerk.

"I vas da panty stitcher. I sew elastic into women's panties."
"Oh, really? Let me look that up." She consulted her guidebook. "Unfortunately, Sven, I can only give you €100 a week because that's an unskilled profession."
"Ho-kay. I take. Tank you veddy much!" Sven took his €100 cheque and sat down.
Then Olly stepped up to the counter. "I Olly. I no job!"
"And what did you do?"
"I vas deesel fitter."
"Oh. Let me look that up." She consulted the book again. "Here it is - diesel fitter. I can give you €500 a week because that's a skilled profession."
"Tank you veddy much!" Olly took his cheque, walked over to Sven and showed it to him.
Sven returned to the counter in a huff! "Vas is dis? I ony get one hunnid but my friend get fife hunnid?!"
"I'm sorry, Sven, but your friend's profession is skilled while your profession is unskilled."
"What? What you mean? I have skill. I sew elastic into women's panties. That skill! All Olly do is put them over his head and say, 'Yah, deesel fit her.'"

No comments: